KX News has an opportunity for a cutting-edge journalist to innovate as a Digital Content Producer, embracing our station brand of ‘Putting North Dakota First’ by providing content across multiple platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Developing, publishing and updating content for myndnow.com, the KX News app and our social media platforms.
- Writing and reporting original content for on air to highlight social media, and digital news.
- Approving reporters’ digital scripts and working with the reporter to post their content.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories andl launching live streams for web and social platforms.
- Engage the public through social media posts and messages.
- Write stories from reporters’ social media and continue to update as new details come available.
- Participating in news meetings and working with news staff to develop digital content opportunities.
- Understanding and achieving metric goals on Google Analytics, and through Social News Desk.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- College degree in journalism, mass communications or marketing.
- Solid digital news background with experience covering breaking news.
- Demonstrated ability to engage audience with "clickable" headlines and social media posts.
- Strong understanding of AP Style, including ability to rapidly edit and/or rewrite stories.
- Highly motivated individual with creative and aggressive approach to driving digital results.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines.
- Experience with editing in Final Cut preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, mornings, evenings, including weekend and holiday shifts.
How to Apply:
Qualified journalists should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter telling us about your aspirations as a digital producer and reporter.
- Resume describing how your professional experience and education fits this role.
- Links of examples of your on-air appearances and digital stories you’ve written and produced.
- Links of examples of your work as a digital producer, particularly headlines, social media posts and special projects
Tia Streeter, News Director
Putting North Dakota First
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer