This person is responsible for the strategic vision, execution of marketing efforts, websites, branding, promotions, public relations, events, and audience development for our multiple markets in Central Minnesota. You will be overseeing the Programming Departments across multiple markets to ensure the highest degree of target audience acceptance and appeal, ratings, and service to the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Embraces the importance of our online, promotional and community footprint aligning with our on-air audience.
- Sets programming and operational policy and strategic mission for all radio stations and websites
- Works with and provides direction to programming employees and others on solutions in programming related areas.
- Works closely with sales management to develop the programming and products needed to achieve revenue budgets.
- Provides direct supervision of programming employees
- Consults and collaborates with GM and others in management in the areas of personnel, recruitment, hiring and development of personalities and other staff;
- Conducts performance reviews monthly. Addresses performance issue as needed. Guides staff and acts as a resource for staff on issues they may have;
- Resolves departmental conflicts as needed. Issues discipline when warranted.
- Attends department head and any other meetings required by General Manager.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with engineering, production and sales departments as well as others.
- Available on-call as needed, including evenings, overnights and weekends. Reports to work established schedule/hours.
- Plan, prepare and deliver live/recorded/digital program content for in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format. Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from periodicals, computer, web and television.
- Interviews guests or other famous or public personalities.
- Writes and reads, or ad-libs segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Ensures that contests and promotions are conducted in compliance with FCC regulations, as well as federal and state laws. Follow and enforces FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
- Perform necessary and required technical functions of assigned air-shift.
- Maintain the program and music logs and ensures that commercials or programs are aired at times logged and any omissions noted. Report all discrepancies on the Company Discrepancy Report
- Record assigned commercial, promotion or public service announcements in a professional manner.
- 3-5 years as a successful Operations and or Program Director
- Experience in a supervisory position preferred.
- Website and Social Media experience
- Proven ability to function effectively under deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Operating knowledge of radio automation systems.
- Proven experience in scriptwriting, music analysis and/or criticism, and skilled in digital audio editing.
- Possess excellent knowledge of Arbitron methodology, reporting and resources.
- Thorough understanding of FCC guidelines regarding compliance with rules including indecency, profanity, payola/plugola, and contesting.
- Ability to bring out and understand the station’s overall programming objectives and philosophies.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer